It is adjoining the northern walls of Islam Khodja Madrasah, it was built by a scribe Talib Makhsum, one of the Khan's confidants. The construction was supervised by Khiva's craftsmen Usto Khudaybergen Khodja and Usto Kalandar Kochim. Mostly this madrasah trained calligraphers. The center of the Madrasah composition is a rectangular yard, which includes asymmetrically located rooms. The portal is decorated with brick technique called sharafa. The upper dandana includes scattered green bricks, white a blue tiles.
Rating: 387
The crypt is adjoining the eastern walls of Matniyaz Devan-begi Madrasah, it was built in honor of the great Sufi sheikh died in 1303. A burial vault with a dome and unique majolica headstone was erected in the first half of the 14th century and later in the 17th century a ziarat khana hall with a portal entrance facing the opposite direction was added. The architecture of these rooms has been influenced by different epochs: there are multi-layer archaic cellular pendentives and low-set dome in the gurkhana; on the other hand, the dome in the ziarat-khana is raised high on arched pendentives.
Rating: 386
It is located at the crossing of K.Baltayev and Anash Khalfa Streets, it was erected by one of the most influential officials and advisors of Khan Muhammad Rahim II. Mamat Marama Madrasah and Mosque represent a type of complex, simultaneously designed and constructed buildings, which combine the functions of a madrasah and a quarter mosque with a minaret. The Madrasah had in its possession 7327 tanaps of vaquf lands (1 tanap - 334.4 m2 ). The building is elongated from the south to the north and made of square baked bricks. The facade faces the south and is shifted somewhat to the west. Three corners, with the exception of the southwestern one, are flanked with small corner guldasta towers. Protruding in the southwestern corner is an assembly of auxiliary rooms of the mosque and minaret, which adjoin the two-domed straight vestibule.
Rating: 383
This Mausoleum is located in the eastern part of Dishan-Kala, south of Abdullah Nasfurush Madrasah, east of Palvan Kari Madrasah. The Mausoleum was erected in honor of Abdal Bobo whose real name was Palvan Ahmad Zamchiy. After Arabs' invasion Abdal Bobo became one of the followers and promoters of Islamic religion in Khiva. After his death a winter and summer mosque, a minaret, a khauz and a cemetery appeared around the place of his burial. Abdal Bobo Mausoleum was built in Bukhara style. Abdal Bobo who came from kishlak Zamchi in Bukhara was the great-grandson of Prophet Muhammad.
Rating: 383
Located in the territory of Agakhi collec-tive farm, it is a part of a mosque with the same name. The Minaret and mosque were restored in the eve of Agakhi's 190th anniversary while the madrasah and mausoleum previously destroyed were built anew. The Minaret is made of baked bricks and has spiral stairs leading to four arched openings. Dimensions: height is 10 m.; foundation diameter is 3.2 m.
Rating: 383
This mausoleum is located southwest from Bikadjan Bika Madrasah, it was built in the center of the cemetery bearing the same name. According to the legends, Shakalandar Bobo, or Sheikh Kakandar Bobo was a Sufi sheikh and arrived in Khiva together with his two brothers who were dervishes. The Mausoleum is a one-domed portal burial vault. The Mausoleum portal with a folding door in Baghdadai style faces the north. The Mausoleum was restored in 1997.
Rating: 383
This Madrasah is located in the center of Ichan-Kala next to Yussuf Yassulbashi Madrasah. It was built in 1841 by Musa Tura, the son of Rakhmankuli Inaq, who in his turn was the grandson of Muhammad Rakhim I and Allah Kuli Khan's nephew. Descendants of the Khan's dynasty were titled Tura. In 1855 Musa Tura was killed at the war with Turkmen yomuds and buried in the madrasah. The madrasah is trapezium-shaped when viewed from above, elongated in south-north direction. The madrasah consists of two yards, a vestibule of two domes, hujras, mosque and darskhama. The madrasah was restored and houses a craft shop now.
Rating: 382
It is located across the square opposite Ata-Darvaza. Construction of the Madrasah was initiated by one of Khiva Khan's sons but after the pedestal was completed he died, and the work was halted for four years. Bikajan Bika, Muhammad Rahimkhan II's sister, decided to finish the construction. But the work was resumed without first getting the Khan's permission, and the latter prohibited unauthorized construction. Thus the work was frozen for further seven years. Later, when the court informed the Khan, that it was his sister who was building the Madrasah, permission was granted and the Madrasah was completed. The Madrasah appeared in the area of highly respected burial of Sheikh Kalandar Bobo. The name of the crafts-man who actually built the complex was Usta Avul. Four meters from the portal, almost in the center of the main facade is a minaret.
Rating: 379
It is located in the site of quarter mosque bearing the same name. There are four openings in the upper part where the muezzin reads "azana". The Minaret is made of baked bricks and decorated with figured brickwork; only the cornice has a belt of blue tiles. Dimensions: height is 8 m.; foundation diameter is 2 m.
Rating: 378
Located opposite the eastern walls of Kunya Ark, it was built in 1905 by Khiva's merchant Palvan Kari. Palvan Kari Trade House mostly dealt in fabrics, perfumes, clothes and other goods delivered from Russian fairs in Orenburg, Astrakhan or Nizhny Novgorod. By 1913, the trading network of the House expanded greatly; for instance, it began selling and repairing Singer sewing machines. Nowadays the building has been restored and houses a bookstore and souvenir shops.
Rating: 377
This Mausoleum is located near the western walls of Tash Khauli. The monument commemorates three saints. A vast hall of the mausoleum is covered with a dome on arched pendentives with cellular filling of corners characteristic for Khorezm. The mausoleum was closely surrounded by late burials (sagana). The earliest date - 1561 - can be found on the panel of the carved door. The craftsman's name written on the carved entrance door is Abdullah Ibn Sayyid. Judging by the inscriptions, the Mausoleum was repaired in 1821-1822, some brickwork of the portal and few arcs were replaced. At the beginning of the 80's of the 20th century the portal was damaged by heavy rains; besides, the column ayvan of the mosque in front of the mausoleum portal was severely damaged, too. After the restoration of the monument and redeveloping of the surrounding territory the mausoleum became one of the most frequently visited places.
Rating: 377
It is located in front of the eastern walls of Muhammad Rahimkhan Madrasah. It was erected by Muhammad Rahimkhan II's finance minister (devan begi) Muhammad Niyaz. The Madrasah is rectangular, oriented along the longitudinal axis in west-east direction. The main facade, which faces Muhammad Rahimkhan Madrasah is traditional: a high portal with a pentahedral niche in the center with guldastas on the corners. The portal is decorated with majolica; guldasta domes are covered I with small green bricks, and the foundations, with blue, white and green bricks in I geometric patterns. The Madrasah consists of 10 hujras, darskhana, winter and summer mosques.
Rating: 376
The minaret is located in K.Atayev Street in Deshan Qala. It was built as a part of an ensemble bearing the same name after the death of Pahlavan Ahmed Zamchi (his real name was Abdal Bobo). The minaret is small but expressive in its shape with a somewhat fattened core radically reducing in diameter and crowned with a delicate sharafa cornice. Dimensions: height - 10 m.; foundation diameter - 3,3 m.
Rating: 376
Minaret Kaltar minar (short) was conceived as the largest in the whole Muslim East (diameter of bottom - 14.2m.). But the building was halted at a height of 29m. People also call it Guyok minar ("green minaret"). According to Khiva's historian Munis, the construction was not finished because of the Khan's death in 1855. The minaret was to become so tall that "one could see Bukhara from it." The minaret diameter rapidly reduces with height which makes it ever steadier; it was planned to be 70 till 80 meters high. According to the legend, the Emir of Bukhara, when he learned about the construction of a unique minaret in Khiva, decided to build a similar one in Bukhara and made an agreement with the craftsman that he will do it after completing his current job. Khiva's Khan learned about it and gave an order to kill the craftsman immediately after the construction was finished. The craftsman picked up this news and fled leaving the minaret unfinished. The minaret is unique both due to its size and unusual decor. It is the only minaret entirely covered by a set of glazed bricks and majolica.
Rating: 376
The Madrasah is located in Dishan-Kala at the crossing of R. Allaberganov and Tort Shavvaz Streets. Construction started in 1875 and was fully completed in 1885 during the rule of Muhammad Rahimkhan II. It was a cult memorial ensemble; at the present, there are three madrasahs, mosque, khauz (pond), minaret and mausoleum. The buildings are skillfully structured around a square khauz lined with trees on the perimeter. Next to it is located a sardoba. The center of the whole ensemble is the mosque - a capital four-column domed building with one-sided four-row ayvan on carved wood columns at the main facade. There is a small minaret at the mosque. Additionally, the complex includes three small dilapidated madrasahs with, immured entrances, used as cemeteries, as well as a mazar-mausoleum. Yafandiyarj I and his three military leaders were buried in the three immured madrasahs and the mazar. For this reason, people call this complex "Tort Shavvaz" ("Four. Braves").
Rating: 376




